Friday, June 20, 2008

PS3 purchase Day 2

The second day having a PS3 was spent, in part, setting up the wireless connectivity. I didn't realize that I had my router locked down as well as I did. I spent quite a bit of time running up and down the stairs checking settings on both the PS3 and my router. I finally opened up the MAC filtering and it worked. I then closed the MAC filtering and it still worked. Must be something with the PS3 because I have never had to open and then close the filtering when adding laptops to the router's configuration.

It is Day 2 so there must be a second game. Courtesy of Wal-mart's gift card. The Son's choice was Paradise Burnout. Why another racing game? I don't know. I do know that Day 3 will not bring a third game because the gift card is all used up. I would like to get a second controller so more than one person can play at a time.

My brother was over and setup my main computer as a media server so we can stream music, pictures and video to the PS3. I don't know how he did it, I wasn't watching. But the album view for the pictures is pretty cool. The pictures scroll across the screen and you can use the controller to zoom in and out as well as move back and forth to see pictures you may have missed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you're looking into getting another controller I'd recommend going with the Sony brand wireless. That way you don't use a USB port that you might need later since the 40gb only has 2. You can find the SixAxis for around $28 used at a used CD/video game store. If you want to go for enhanced try the DualShock 3 (at a 52 dollar price tag).