Saturday, September 19, 2009

Monopoly City Streets

Warning!!!! Non Playstation post alert!!!!

I signed up for the Google/Hasbro Monopoly mashup called Monopoly City Streets last night. It is an interesting concept where Hasbro takes the Google Street API and creates a global game of street ownership.

They start you out with $3,000,000 to purchase streets and buildings. My first purchase was the street that I grew up on, way back in the dark ages before Google or even the Internet. Then I spent to much on a building that I placed close to my childhood home. I quickly learned from this mistake [maybe it wasn't a mistake...I'll find out over the course of the game]. I ended up a couple thousand dollars short when I wanted to by a more expensive street. I ended up with six streets with buildings on four of them.

My $3,000,000 bankroll was gone pretty quick. Now I have to wait until tomorrow for my daily $1,000,000 Monopoly allowance plus any rent that I might earn.

More Monopoly City Street posts will follow.

No comments: